Twilight Teez is having a sale through February 15th, so if you’ve been looking to buy some goodies, now’s a great time!
Borders Announces Midnight Release Parties
The Borders exclusive Twilight disc is now available for pre-order on Borders.com, along with the standard 2-disc set that will be sold at other retailers.
Additionally, Borders will be hosting Twilight DVD release night parties in all of our Borders stores. Start time and specific party details to come, but parties will begin the evening of March 20 and go to midnight release of DVD.
Special Bonus Disc, Which Includes The Borders-Exclusive items below:
- Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Kristen Stewart (Bella) and Robert Pattinson (Edward)
- Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Cam Gigandet (James)
- Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Edi Gathegi (Laurent) and Rachelle Lefevre (Victoria)
- Exclusive Red-Carpet Interviews from the Twilight Movie Premiere
- Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Red-Carpet Footage! Includes extra interview footage with Kellan Lutz (Emmett), Ashley Greene (Alice), rock band Paramore, and Nikki Reed (Rosalie)
- Exclusive Borders Book Club: Stephenie Meyer talks about the Twilight Saga
Special Bonus Disc, Also Includes
- Audio commentary by Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson
- Muse music video: “Super Massive Black Hole”
- Paramore music video: “Decode”
- Linkin Park music video: “Leave Out All the Rest”
- Five extended scenes with director introductions
- Five deleted scenes with director introductions
- Seven-part documentary: “The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen”
- Comic-Con “fandom” piece
- Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
- Three trailers
- Penelope trailer
- The finish of the rigid case is a tactile coating called “soft touch”, which is a smooth, almost velvety/rubbery matte finish. A pattern of tree branches will be foil stamped over the matte coating, which creates beautiful tone on tone imagery. The title treatment is foil stamped in a silver/blue, which completes the effect.
Exclusive Photo Cards
- The exclusive photo cards are printed on 2-sided pearlescent shine stock, which has a sparkle effect imbedded in the paper. The (10) photo cards look really amazing on this special stock, and the back sides have the same tree pattern from the inside of the rigid case, carrying the design throughout.
I saw this over at the Twilight Lexicon. Click here for the source.
The Twilight Lexicon is also having a Valentine’s Day Love Letters Contest.
In order to celebrate Valentines Day we thought we’d do a bit of a character love letter contest. Here’s how to enter:
1. Write a love letter from one Twilight Saga character to another.
2. You can write from either the male or female perspective in the following pairings:
* Edward and Bella
* Carlisle and Esme
* Jasper and Alice
* Emmett and Rosalie
3. There is no minimum length, but the maximum length is 200 words.
4. Each entry must be written letter style with a greeting and closing. The greeting (Dear Whoever) and the closing (Love Whoever) don’t count as part of the 200 words.
5. The love letter may take place in any time period past, present, or future.
6. The winner in each pairing (in other words 4 winners) will receive the item of their choice from the Twilight Lexicon Cafepress Shop.
7. Send your entries to email@example.com
8. The subject of the email must have the pairing listed
9. Any questions, post them on this entry because chances are someone else has the same question and the info could help them.
10. Entries are due by 11:59 pm EST February 10, 2009.
Vote for your favorite pop culture vampire. (Edward, of course!)
Vote Twilight for best movie!
Go here to vote.
Did you know Lucy Hale also auditioned for the role of Jane?
She doesn’t think she got the part, but Lucy Hale from priviledged also read to play the part of Jane in New Moon. Read more about it here.
Twilight Wins Most Animal Friendly Movie
Twilight was voted the most animal friendly movie on PETA 2. click here to see the results.
People.com article on Rob in Little Ashes
Click here to read it.
Buddytv.com: Twilight Vs. High School Musical
BuddyTV.Com: ‘High School Musical’ vs. ‘Twilight’: Who’s the Better Teen Queen?
I think I can weigh in on the High School Musical vs. Twilight debate better than the average reporter.
The debate, although initially heated, had subsided slightly. That is until rumors surfaced that Vanessa Hudgens was putting her name in for the bitter but misunderstood werewolf Leah Clearwater.
To figure out which girl makes the better leading lady, I compiled a list of questions to determine which young woman is better teen queen material.
When did she first hit mainstream?
Kristen: 2002, in the mystery thriller Panic Room where she played Jodi Foster’s daughter. She earned her first bit of critical acclaim in 2007 when she co-starred in Into The Wild.
Vanessa: 2003, in the Catherine Hardwick film Thirteen. Hudgens played the wayward Tracy’s ex-best friend in the movie about a teen’s introduction to sex, drugs and money.
Does she have any special talents?
Kristen: She can sing. She performed two songs for the Into the Wild soundtrack, “Angel from Montgomery” and “Tracy’s Song.” She even co wrote “Tracy’s Song”. Evidently, she plays a bit of guitar too, which will come in handy when she plays Joan Jett in the upcoming biopic The Runaways.
Vanessa: She can sing and she can dance. Experience in musical theatre, Hudgens has a passion for musical that equals her passion for acting. She already has two albums under her belt at the age of 20.
How is she in interviews?
Kristen: Awkward. She doesn’t like to play into the gossip and gets uncomfortable with questions really easily. Stewart actually claims she has no sense of humor. Although, she does seem more at ease whenever she has Robert Pattinson interviewing with her.
Vanessa: Pleasant as a pea. She’s friendly and giggly and knows how to work an interview. Of course, she’s had plenty of practice with all the High School Musical press she has to do.
Biggest thing holding her back?
Kristen: Two things: her horrible interview skills.
Is she single?
Kristen: No, she’s been dating Michael Angarano, who played Elliot on Will & Grace, for over four years now.
Vanessa: No. Zac Efron is her beau of the moment. And by the moment, I mean they’ve been together for over two years.
After comparing Vanessa Hudgens and Kristen Stewart, I’m not convinced either makes a great teen idol. The one thing that pushes the scale is charisma. Although Stewart’s shy girl attitude works wonders for her role as Bella Swan, it’s not great for teen stardom.
I have a hard time imagining just having a conversation with Kristen Stewart. But no matter what her interview style, Kristen Stewart nailed the essence of Bella Swan and she will forever be the embodied voice of every sixteen-year-old girl.
Read more here.
Women and the Box Office in 2008
Twilight, which featured a female director (Catherine Hardwicke), female writer (Melissa Rosenberg), and female star (Kristen Stewart), broke through the top 10 and is likely to be a franchise that will continue to bring in the big bucks over the next few years. This is good news for female viewers and, hopefully, for actresses and women in production. (Although, sadly, Hardwicke will not be among them.)